Akwaaba’s Storytelling Group takes place on a Sunday from 2.30-4.30 pm. It is cofacilited by two to three practicing writers and each session is led by one of these writers. We provide a safe, creative space for participants to meet in solidarity and friendship, to explore experiences and share stories. Sometimes we discuss short texts and poems; sometimes we write, tell or record our stories.
We are looking for a practising writer to join us as another cofacilitator. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com
- You’d lead sessions, every two or three weeks.
- You’d provide support for participants during sessions led by the other facilitators.
- You’d offer one-to-one personalised support to participants on Sundays.
- You’d contribute to planning sessions.
- You’d be able to commit to attending the group from 2.30- 4.30pm most Sundays.
Essential experience and skills
- Practising writer
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good at expressing thoughts and ideas
- Ability to work in an inclusive way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to relate positively and in a non-discriminatory way to people at all levels, from a range of backgrounds and communities.
- Creative approach to what stories are and how they can be told
- Friendly and able to build rapport with people
- Open-minded flexibility
Desirable experience and skills:
- Background in writing
- Experience in facilitating writing/storytelling workshops for adults