Minimum commitment: 2 sessions per month for at least 6 months
We’re looking for more children’s volunteers to be part of Akwaaba’s Children’s Space. We need people who can:
- be part of a collective commitment to making Akwaaba a non-hierarchical, anti-racist space
- provide a supportive, safe, friendly and fun environment for children and young people
- help resolve conflicts between children and respond with care and support to challenging behaviour
- facilitate and assist with children’s activities
- supervise children and/or children’s areas
- Listen to and recognise our young members and the difficulties they face
- Build strong relationships with our young members and support them to be involved in shaping Akwaaba’s children’s project
We see around 40 children and young people between the ages of 3-17 each week and run a range of activities and workshops.
Prior experience working with children is helpful but not essential. Akwaaba is a voluntary project and we do not have the capacity to provide more than basic training.
If you’d like to apply or have questions, we’d love to hear from you — please email Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org