We are seeking experienced yoga teachers to help facilitate our weekly yoga sessions. Yoga happens from 2.30-3.15 at Akwaaba on a drop-in basis. We normally have between 1 and 5 participants of all abilities/experiences. Classes are informal and conducted according to Akwaaba’s principles of inclusion and solidarity.
– professional insurance
– experience of teaching yoga in community settings/for marginalised groups. If you do not have this experience, but have other non-yoga related experience working with marginalised or vulnerable groups, we will still be happy to hear from you
– experience of teaching yoga/working with people where English is a second language
– understanding of trauma and trauma-sensitive yoga (desirable)
– a commitment to tackling oppression and social injustice
– a minimum commitment of teaching one Sunday per month for at least 6 months
Get in touch with email@example.com if you are interested!